- Build core strength and aerobic stamina
- Enjoy an outdoors water sport
- Be part of a competitive club
- Fitness testing to measure where you’re at, set goals and work towards achieving them
- Race at regattas in NSW and the Australian Championships
- Meet new people and make great new friends
- Social events throughout the season
- Pub nights after training
- Race in social regattas
- March in our Mardi Gras float
Different Strokes is a Sydney-based club that was formed in 2008, with the aim of providing a social and fitness-focused sporting outlet for the gay and lesbian community, as well as their friends, family and supporters.
After years of continuous improvement, we are positioning ourselves as more than just a social club. Our race crews have continued to raise the bar at regattas, with wins and placings in finals, as well as member representation at both the state and Australian level.
Our club’s strongest asset is our team spirit. We paddle with a collective determination to challenge stereotypes with our successes, showcase diversity by increasing our visibility, and spark positive change through our actions.