Now that we are coming to the end of the 2010/11 season, there are some important dates and changes to training schedules of which you should be aware.
- April: Saturday training only (no Tuesday nights) on the 9th, 16th, and 30th – no training Easter Weekend
- May: 7th May will be the last training session before we take our end of season break
- June: 4th June – training to re-commence. Saturday only, with Tuesday nights to be advised.
Note – training will be determined by:
- Sweep availability
- Coach availability
- Members’ enthusiasm 🙂
- New sweeps – As new sweep rules mean that trainee sweeps need to complete 30hours prior to seeking accreditation testing, new sweeps will need to start as soon as possible. Please talk with Diana if you are interested.
- To assist new sweeps, paddlers should be aware that a significant portion of training over the off season will involve helping new sweeps develop their skills.
- Friday 13th May – End of Season Dinner
- Saturday 4th June – Start of season BBQ. This will be in afternoon following training – details to follow.
Please keep these dates in mind!